Robert Perry Pilot House Long Distance Motor Sailer
Miranda: 43 ft Robert Perry
PRICE: $105,000 USD
Currently lying at : Langkawi. Malaysia.
Miranda is a 43' Cheoy Lee Ketch, Long Range Motor Sailer built in the Cheoy Lee Shipyards in Hong Kong in 1982 to Lloyds A1 standard. An amazing piece of craftsmanship from conception, these boats are sought after for their seaworthiness, and sail-ability without compromising comfort and style.
Miranda has been lovingly owned by only three owners. The current owners have owned her for nearly 11 years. Stepping aboard Miranda, one feels instantly protected and welcomed. Its like coming home. She is full of warmth and you certainly feel she has everything onboard to provide you with a safe and comfortable life style. She can easily be sailed solo, with hydraulic in mast furling sails.
Everything can be controlled whilst tucked in the safety of your cosy pilot house.
Potentially, her huge diesel tank capacity and water storage, along with her genset and 120 hp engine, makes Miranda truly a GO ANYWHERE boat.
Miranda could motor sail from Sydney to Darwin without refueling.
That is itself opens you up to truly exciting and remote destinations.
After her extensive overhaul during 2018, Miranda is truly ready to go and would make your dreams come true for any destination or live aboard adventure you desire. What an exciting opportunity!
Contact me today for a viewing.
Seaspray Yacht Sales is a division of Seaspray Marine Services. Qualified Shipwright Services established and operated in Langkawi for 10 years.
Vessel Name: Miranda
Launch Year: 1982
Length: 42' 9" - 13.04m
Beam: 13 ft 2 inch
Draft: 5 foot
Displacement: 15.18 long tonne
Keel / Ballast: Long Keel
Location: Vivanta Resort Langkawi
Registration: 859251 AUS
Designer: Robert Perry
Builder: Choy Lee Shipyards, Hong Kong
Hull Material: Fibreglass/GRP
Decks Material: Teak overlaid on Fibreglass
Engine: Model 2715E, Year approx. 1982. Serial No 201254.
Engine Make: Ford Lehman
Number Engines: 1
Horsepower: 120 hp
Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2200
Fuel Consumption: Approx. 5 liters per hour
Max Speed: 7-8 knots @ 2250 rpm
Cruise Speed: 6 -7 knots @ 1500 revs
Propulsion: 3 blade s/s fixed propeller
Genset: 5kva Onan
Fuel: 2,727 Liters
Water: 1364 liters
Dinghy: Cholarmark 2.4 m hard bottom
Outboard: 4hp Yamaha
Covers: Full boat cover & sunbrella covers to hatches & back deck.
Accommodation: Sleeps up to 5 people
Berths: 2 Queen size & 1 single
Shower: 2 x Showers
Toilet: 2 x Jabsco manual pump toilets
Entertainment: Pioneer Stereo system plus wall mounted TV
Air-Con: Kelvinator box type
Refrigeration: Engel 80 liter fridge with freezer
Stove: Emilia 4 burner, grill & fan forced oven
Hot Water: Yes 20 Liter
Ground Tackle:100 meters chain and 60 meters of rope and chain.
Anchor Winch: Yes-Lofrans
Safety Gear: Danbouy, Sea Anchor
Bilge Pumps: 2 Whale gushers, 1 inbuilt Jabso run off motor & 1 electric with float switch.
Life Raft: RFD 6 man
Life Jackets: 8 Harnesses; 2
Flares: Full kit for off-shore cruising
240/110/12v systems:240v & 12v systems
House Batteries /Type/Amps/Age: 4 House Bank, Glass matt, 150 amp hour each. Age 1 year
Engine Start Battery: Type/Age: Century 70 amp hour x 2. Age 1 year
Generator:5 kva Onan
Solar Panels/ Watts/ Age: 4 Solar Panels, 6 months old
Electronics / Navigation
VHF: Yes - GME
HF: Yes - ICOM
AIS: Yes - Em Trak
Radar: Yes - Garmin HD Range 36 mile
Depth/speed/ Wind Instruments : Yes - Autohelm
Windvane: Yes - Raymarine
Auto Pilot: Yes - Raytheon
Additional Comments on instruments:-
Radar & chart plotter both Garmin. Installed new June 2017. Also hand held ICOM VHF, hand-bearing compasses. Binoculars.
2 Headsails, 1 Main and 1 Mizzen
Mast / Rigging
2 x Aluminium Masts, Hydraulic furling. Most rigging 2 years old. Some up to 6 years.
2 Boat Hooks, Bow deck wash
* All new skin fittings in the hull 2018 - can supply pictures if required.
* Repainted boat in entirety in 2018.
* Fuel capacity 2,850 liters. Last year we cleaned the fuel tanks out and polished the fuel. There is approximately 2,000 liters in the tanks now.
* New fuel system installed. 2018.
* Many new electronics fitted in 2017 such as the chart plotter and radar.
* Electronic charts cover Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippine's.
* Hydraulic sails.
* The hydraulic system was overhauled 2018.
* Bearings checked Nov 2018. No play in cutlass bearing. Rudder bearing seems good.
* Rope cutter on the prop.
* Anchor winch can be operated from the deck and also the inside steering station so can be sailed single handed.
* Head room is 6'6" throughout.
* New mattress in the main cabin 2019.
* Front mast and boom completely refurbished 2015.
* Rigging - the oldest rigging would be about 5 years old as the rigging has been progressively replaced.
* New Headsail - No 1 Genoa - under front main bunk in green bag.